8 Patios for Sensational Summer Eats and Drinks
Summer in Atlanta consists of a series of brunch dates with bottomless mimosas, day parties, and evenings on the patio. Everyone is always on the lookout for the newest or proven favorite spots to patronize. I recently ran across a Jezebel list of patios for an “open-air affair” and had to share. Some, like O-ku and Gypsy Kitchen, are favorites of mine while others I’m looking forward to checking out, myself!
Check out the list below. Let me know if you’ve visited any of them. Add your favorite ATL patio in the comments!
1. Fuel up with Southern bites (and drinks, of course) on South City Kitchen Buckhead’s two-story patio before painting the town with your party posse. @fifthgroup
2. O-Ku is further elevating its happening rooftop scene with the addition of frosé—the perfect cocktail to pair with sushi and a view. @okuatlanta
3. Hit Basque in the Sun with your squad for a Sunday afternoon of day-drinking and people-watching over half-priced bottles of wine from Gypsy Kitchen’s swanky rooftop. @gypsykitchenatl
4. Bring your fur baby along to sunbathe on Smokebelly BBQ’s dog-friendly patio while you and your friends enjoy live music, cold suds and hot ’cue. @smokebellybbq
5. After touring Three Taverns Brewery in Decatur, head outside to sip A Night on Ponce IPA on the charming light-strung patio. @threetaverns
PS: Adding a couple more patios that I love!
6. Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House: Both locations are bustling seafood houses that draw crowds thanks to their laid-back vibe & rooftop bars with city views.
7. bartaco West Midtown: Stylish Mexican spot serving serving classic & creative tacos along with a large drinks list. (Try the fried oyster tacos!)
8. Barcelona Wine Bar: With locations in Inman Park and West Midtown, Barcelona offers unvarnished paneling, a brick fireplace, and a shaded wraparound patio. Barcelona delivers Spanish flair to Atlanta with more than 200 wines straight from Spain and, of course, tapas.